Old 31-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Tracey

Default Becoming Self-Employed Gardener

Hi All. I hope you don't mind me asking the following question, but I
really don't know where else to ask. My fiance is planning on leaving his
present employment (he's already a gardener) and setting up by himself,
doing garden maintenance, renovations, clearance, hedge reductions etc. He
has done quite a bit of research, but doesn't know how much to charge - he
doesn't want to go round under-cutting other established gardeners, but then
doesn't want to charge too much. We thought perhaps £8-£10 per hour (we are
in Midlands region), would be a reasonable charge. Any thoughts or advice
on how we could find further help in deciding on costs would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tracey