Old 31-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Cat

Default Winter veg

So, here I am, a most inexperienced gardener, with a lovely cabbage patch
and nothing in it yet.
I want to establish a few crowns of rhubarb and asparagus (I would'nt *kill*
for asparagus, but would probably gouge an eye out or two), and wonder
whether now is the time to plant those?
Also, I am looking for slightly unusual (i.e. not readily available in
shops) but easily grown veg I could put in right away for either Winter or
Spring?
Could anyone suggest a few things?
I feel that I am not contributing much to this newsgroup, and mostly pump it
for info.. but if I do start getting into this gardening lark, who knows, I
might just morph into a fountain of knowledge...
Meanwhile, many thanks for any assistance!

--
Cat(h)
The world swirls...