Old 31-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Beecrofter

"Robert11" wrote in message ...
Hello:

Live in New England, outside of Boston

Have a question about Woolly Adelgid bugs and Hemlocks:

Have a massive Hemlock in backyard that, for the first time I think, is
showing
several "leaves" on various branches which have turned an orange color.

Looking at them closely, I can find no evidence of white spots, white sacks,
etc.
on either the tops or bottoms.

Can anyone explain what might be happening ?

Water deficiency, time of year, etc. ?

Think it might be a Woolly Adelgid Problem, even without my
being able to see any evidence of ?

Much thanks.
Really appreciate the help.

Bob

Hard to say, bring a sample to the extension center or a decent garden
center.
A good sample will show a transition from healthy to what you consider
to be abnormal.