Old 31-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Dave

wrote in message

Recently I read about the Pope battery driven timer that can be
installed anywhere in a12mm or 19 mm branchline.

I had a look at these a little while ago - I couldn't use them as you need
to use high pressure pipe from the tap to the timer - the standard (home
use) irrigation pipe is not high pressure...

If you have high pressure pipe then they are definately worth looking at.

I also came across a battery operated inline "water computer" (can't
remember the brand) which had not only the timer but also battery operated
solenoids (up to 4 from memory) which enables you to run more than one
zone... again they need high pressure pipe up to the unit.

HTH.
Dave.