Old 01-09-2004, 08:00 AM
Pam Moore

Default scented cyclamen

Many years ago, around 1957, I went on holiday to Lugano.
Up in the hills ubder oine trees were a mass of cyclamen in flower,
which were beautifully scented. It was about the time which some of
you of my era may remember when a new soap was introduced called
Fabulous Pink Camay with perfume that "cost 5 guineas an ounce." amay
smells differently now!
Ever since I have tried to find a similarly scented cyclamen. I have
asked at plant sales, even such renowned people as Christine
Skelmersdale, and bought many different ones. Occasionally I have had
one vaguely scented but nothing to repeat the Lugano experience.
I know my garden is not quite the Italian hills but this is my
lifetime quest.
Does anyone know of one that would fill the bill?

Pam in Bristol