Old 01-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Thank you, Jim & Anita. Barring any further info, I had planned to do it in the spring - your response very much eases my mind, because I'm talking about really drastic pruning back to the main branches. Your response (Anita) was also encouraging collecting for Bonsai. One of these is located where I eventually want to put some display benches, so will need to be relocated...into a nice over-sized pot ;-) Root base is about 8" - so any compacting & training of the tree over the next few years will be great. I will definitely keep your suggestion to leave a little extra length on the branches in case of die-back.

Thanks again,

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39