Old 01-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Cat

They appear to be made in the Punjab, according to
http://www.uniqueforging.com/ - perhaps they are packed, designed or
marketed from the UK ? Or perhaps 'rolcut' is a design rather than a brand
name ?

If I may venture a possible explanation: sometimes a manufacturer goes belly
up, and their product brand is picked up by another, though the quality of
the goods may change. I seem to recall a particular brand of tools - not
gardening tools - where this happened. This auto electrician friend of mine
found out that his fav tools were now manufactured in some godforsaken part
of the world, and were quasi disposable, they were such poor quality.
Maybe that's the case here?

--
Cat(h)
The world swirls...