Old 01-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Heather

Hi Tina:

We made a Rubbermaid one early in July. Used a 100 gal trough for a 1800
gal pond. Water is so clear! We couldn't find floor scrubber pads, but had
a lot of plastic strapping that is put around boxes, so bundled it up in
laundry bags from the dollar store. On top of that is a layer of furnace
filter, then water hyacinth.

Be sure to get the bottom drain tight before putting in the grate and filter
media. Ours leaked and we had to pull everything out and tighten. The
outlets on ours are shower drains.

--
Heather
SW Ontario - Zone 5b

Pond pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/heathersmyth

wrote in message news:4RlZc.81960$9d6.40727@attbi_s54...
Does anyone here use the Rubbermaid trough filter shown on the Skippystuff
web site??
I built a filter out of a 55 gallon barrel last year but I am not happy

with
the results and was thinking about starting over and building one of these
but wanted feedback from others who have used this type.
Thanks for any info you can give me.

--
Tina Breeds

USNMC Rescue
www.neorescue.net
visit my webshots page to see my pictures
http://community.webshots.com/user/tityger
Animals are Kind to Dumb People