Old 01-09-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Rubbermaid trough filter??

Does anyone here use the Rubbermaid trough filter shown on the Skippystuff
web site??
I built a filter out of a 55 gallon barrel last year but I am not happy with
the results and was thinking about starting over and building one of these
but wanted feedback from others who have used this type.
Thanks for any info you can give me.

--
Tina Breeds

USNMC Rescue
www.neorescue.net
visit my webshots page to see my pictures
http://community.webshots.com/user/tityger
Animals are Kind to Dumb People

Old 01-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Cam

Does anyone here use the Rubbermaid trough filter shown on the

Skippystuff
web site??
I built a filter out of a 55 gallon barrel last year but I am not

happy with
the results and was thinking about starting over and building one of

these
but wanted feedback from others who have used this type.
Thanks for any info you can give me.

--

I compared prices last winter when I was redesigning my filter and came
up with another brand, Tuff Stuff

A side note. The commercial floor scrubber pads are much cheaper at
places that cater to professional cleaners. I found a small janitor
supply shop that sold them for half of Home Depots price.

Cam

Old 01-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Heather

Hi Tina:

We made a Rubbermaid one early in July. Used a 100 gal trough for a 1800
gal pond. Water is so clear! We couldn't find floor scrubber pads, but had
a lot of plastic strapping that is put around boxes, so bundled it up in
laundry bags from the dollar store. On top of that is a layer of furnace
filter, then water hyacinth.

Be sure to get the bottom drain tight before putting in the grate and filter
media. Ours leaked and we had to pull everything out and tighten. The
outlets on ours are shower drains.

--
Heather
SW Ontario - Zone 5b

Pond pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/heathersmyth

Rubbermaid trough filter?? Ponds 0 01-09-2004 04:24 PM
Rubbermaid filter life Roger Grady Ponds 13 16-04-2004 01:06 PM
Growing alpine plants in trough planter Gideon Singer Gardening 0 06-04-2004 08:56 PM
Growing alpine plants in trough planter Gideon Singer Gardening 0 06-04-2004 08:56 PM
Galvanized trough ok for quarantine Don Ponds 7 30-06-2003 02:32 PM