Old 26-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Charles

On 25 Aug 2004 14:25:59 -0700, (princerusty)
wrote:

Anyone have experience growing nymphaea mexicana in their pond?
Specifically, does it bloom a lot? I live in So. Calif., avocado
growing country, no frost to speak of. I am interested in a hardy or
half hardy lily that blooms *alot*. I am not concerned so much with
color, form, etc..... The most prolific bloomer I have right now is
Chromatella, but I'm interested in other opinions. Thanks, In Advance,
Regards, Princerusty

I'm in the same area, Ventura Co. Mine has not yet bloomed, this is
the first year I have had it, and I don't have as much sun as I'd
like. I get good results from marliac carnea, a white or pink hardy.
It does need dividing fairly often if grown in small containers.

Chromatella is nice as well, and I have some pink one that has several
blooms at a time as of late, don't know the name of it, however.

--

- Charles
-