Old 02-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Rick

Default Gladiolas/Orchids - encouring new bulbs.

Ok,, newbie here so I hope my question is not toooo stupid.
I have the following types of Perrenials this question applies to:
Gladiolas
Chinese Orchids
Asiatic Lillies

My understanding is these should sprout additional bulbs (self
multiply)
If that is correct, is there a way to encourage the
self-multiplication by when the stocks or sprouts are cut?

They are all done blooming of course and I did use some for cut
flowers but now I am wondering should I cut the remaining part still
above the ground now or wait until the stuff turns brown or dies.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.