Old 02-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Rick

Default Gladiolas/Orchids - encouring new bulbs.

Ok,, newbie here so I hope my question is not toooo stupid.
I have the following types of Perrenials this question applies to:
Gladiolas
Chinese Orchids
Asiatic Lillies

My understanding is these should sprout additional bulbs (self
multiply)
If that is correct, is there a way to encourage the
self-multiplication by when the stocks or sprouts are cut?

They are all done blooming of course and I did use some for cut
flowers but now I am wondering should I cut the remaining part still
above the ground now or wait until the stuff turns brown or dies.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

[IMG] code is On

Stakes for Gladiolas Denis Mitchel Gardening 28 01-07-2011 12:57 AM
Gladiolas --- Thanks for the answers.... NC_FUBAR Gardening 0 29-07-2003 04:32 PM
rust on gladiolas Louis United Kingdom 1 11-05-2003 12:08 PM
Rust on gladiolas Louis Lawns 0 11-05-2003 12:56 AM
Rust on Gladiolas Louis Texas 0 11-05-2003 12:56 AM