Old 02-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

someone wrote:

Your shingles, if they have lost their odor, are probably relatively
benign, but I doubt they'll do your garden any good. Here in the
northeast we get far more sulfur than we need from acid rain.
Best of luck,

I guess the best test is not asking but experimenting. Already I see the weeds and grass growing
the best near the shingles laying on the ground. What I am going to do is place a few around
some plants to see if they do better than those without.

I suspect the sulfur content is beneficial because our soil is alkaline.