Old 02-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Beecrofter

Ann wrote in message . ..
(Beecrofter) expounded:

Ann wrote in message
As far as the woolly adelgids go, they're fairly obvious, they look
like little fuzzy cotton masses on the undersides of the green
needles. Hort oil in the early spring is the first line of defense,
then followup applications of sun oil in the year if applicable (sun
oil is lighter than hort oil and can be used later in the season,
although I don't think you should be applying it in the heat of the
summer).

How many horsepower do you need to spray the hort oil to reach all
parts of a 65 foot hemlock ?

What difference does it make if you want to save the tree bad enough?

I was just curious how you were going to get the spray coverage up
there without hiring an arborist with a large bucket truck and
powerful spray rig.