Old 31-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Jim Lewis

On 31 Aug 2004 at 7:47, Isom, Jeff (EM, PTL) wrote:

I have several very large Burning Bushes at various places in
my yard as part of the landscaping. Some of them have been
kept nice and compact, but there are 3 that we let go wild
for a few years (prior to my moving into the house). They
are beautiful bushes, but are way out of proportion and need
to be drasically reduced. What is the best time of year to
do really radical pruning on these: late fall after the
leaves have fallen or early spring prior to leaves coming on?
Just to keep this a legitimate posting - one of these will
probably end up in a large pot at some point, so I don't want
to kill any of them!

If you don't care about flowers next year (and why should you,
There are other plants in the yard and other years?) you can
prune shrubbery just about any time of year, except, perhaps,
the day before a forecast freeze.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++