Old 03-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Michel Buonarroti

"FardinA" wrote in message
om...
I started laying my sods about a week ago.Due to rainy weather, I
could not put all the sods within a day. As a result, I put some of
sods after 3 days from time of delivery. Although the sod was not
dired out, the blades were not green. They looked dried. When I put
these sods, I have been watering these guys since then. However, I
cannot see any sign of recovery. Should I wait more, or the grass is
dead?

thanks

In hot weather the shelf life of fescue, bluegrass or ryegrass sod is maybe
12 hours from harvest, 36 hours at the most. From what you describe, it
sounds like it has passed on the great turf farm in the sky.