Old 02-09-2004, 07:37 PM
FardinA

Default My sod is still not green

I started laying my sods about a week ago.Due to rainy weather, I
could not put all the sods within a day. As a result, I put some of
sods after 3 days from time of delivery. Although the sod was not
dired out, the blades were not green. They looked dried. When I put
these sods, I have been watering these guys since then. However, I
cannot see any sign of recovery. Should I wait more, or the grass is
dead?

thanks
Old 02-09-2004, 08:09 PM
John T. Jarrett

Depending on the sod, the grass tops may have dried out but the roots
may still be alive ready to pop back up on a cool day as long as you
don't let the roots really dry out.

John

om...

Old 02-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Vox Humana

"FardinA" wrote in message
om...
I started laying my sods about a week ago.Due to rainy weather, I
could not put all the sods within a day. As a result, I put some of
sods after 3 days from time of delivery. Although the sod was not
dired out, the blades were not green. They looked dried. When I put
these sods, I have been watering these guys since then. However, I
cannot see any sign of recovery. Should I wait more, or the grass is
dead?

If I understand the situation, you received sod and laid some of it
immediately and some of it sat for three days before it was laid. Does the
sod look good that you laid immediately or is all the sod brown?

Old 03-09-2004, 02:29 AM
Eurocat

your sod is not green because it is dead. death is the final stage.
there is no future for it. it is dead. it will not recover. give it up.

Old 03-09-2004, 02:49 AM
Pam - gardengal

"FardinA" wrote in message
om...
I started laying my sods about a week ago.Due to rainy weather, I
could not put all the sods within a day. As a result, I put some of
sods after 3 days from time of delivery. Although the sod was not
dired out, the blades were not green. They looked dried. When I put
these sods, I have been watering these guys since then. However, I
cannot see any sign of recovery. Should I wait more, or the grass is
dead?

Sod has a very short shelf life - it should be laid as soon as possible
after harvesting, within 2-3 days. If you got yours direct from a sod
grower, you may still be okay with regualr deep watering. If you got them
from a retailer who in turn got them from a grower, they could have been as
much as a week old before you purchased it. In this case, the chances of its
revival are slim.

pam - gardengal

thanks

Old 03-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Michel Buonarroti

"FardinA" wrote in message
om...
I started laying my sods about a week ago.Due to rainy weather, I
could not put all the sods within a day. As a result, I put some of
sods after 3 days from time of delivery. Although the sod was not
dired out, the blades were not green. They looked dried. When I put
these sods, I have been watering these guys since then. However, I
cannot see any sign of recovery. Should I wait more, or the grass is
dead?

thanks

In hot weather the shelf life of fescue, bluegrass or ryegrass sod is maybe
12 hours from harvest, 36 hours at the most. From what you describe, it
sounds like it has passed on the great turf farm in the sky.

[IMG] code is On

Green or not green? MuddyMike United Kingdom 0 12-02-2011 02:46 PM
My lawn is still not green FardinA Gardening 2 04-05-2005 08:53 PM
KB sod not filling in Steveo Lawns 3 20-04-2005 02:28 PM
KB sod lawn not filling in fran Gardening 1 19-04-2005 12:51 AM
Frost forecast, and green tomatoes still outside Martin Richards United Kingdom 10 27-09-2003 07:32 PM