Old 03-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Victoria Clare

"Rachael Nex" wrote in
:

Slow worms eat plenty of garden pests, so they are 'gardeners'
friends'.

Yus, and they're very attractive and dare I say it at the risk of
sounding girlie ... cute. But then again, most thing animal or reptile
or indeed insect are "cute" as far as I'm concerned. :-)

Wait till you see the baby ones! Little wrigglers that look as if they are
made of fresh-minted copper - really beautiful.

I believe they are quite sensitive to noise and vibrations, so with a bit
of luck should be able to detect the careless strimmer approaching and take
cover.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill