Old 03-09-2004, 02:28 PM
H&P

"David Hill" wrote in message
Jeanne said "..We are looking for a second hand tractor (and rotavator)

for
our smallholding. Originally we were looking at Fergies but these don't
really go slow enough for rotavating....."

For years we used a Massy Fergison 35 for rotovating, never had any
problems with the speed, and it is not much bigger than the old grey

Fergie.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

I second what David said. Little to beat a MF 35. I bought mine at auction

fo £450 and it takes all standard implements. You won't get a Kubota for
that money. Crap 12 hp models fetch a grand. If you want to "judge" the
market go to the monthly auction at Sutton, Cambridgshire run by Cheffins to
see what your money would buy. www.cheffins.co.uk click on "Cambrige
Machinery Sales" then "Catalogues" next sale is 13 Sept. Worth going just
to see the enormous variety of stuff available. The 35 has other advantages
over the Grey Fergie, it isn't "collectable", it is very cheap to maintain
( parts easily available) & it will operate most standard implements
regards Joe