Old 03-09-2004, 04:16 PM

"Claudia" wrote in message news:IqlZc.140$H26.2@trnddc07...
WH have been in the waterfall, they were green and are now yellowing, not
dying, just "look" hungry. How does one "feed" pond plants. Figure the
ones in the pond (that are very happy) are getting enough nitrogen, but that
the WH since they are in waterfall, after the filters are not getting
enough? or too many in a small space. I know newbie question. Yes I have
goldfish.

__________________________
Totus Tuus
Claudia Satori

This sounds like NO3 deficiency, you can add more fish food and KNO3
if you want, this will add both K+ and NO3. Adding too much food can
potentially overload the system causiung a build up of NH4,
ammonium(not likely is a small waterfall).

WH is a fast grower and do not be suprised after a peroid of growth
they remove all the nutrients.

You can remove some and add back to the pond or leave in the Waterfall
and add KNO3, just do not add anything with urea or NH4/ammonium in
it.
You can add most trace mixes and fleet(or generic) enema for PO4. They
have sodium PO4 as their main ingredient. A few drops should relieve
the PO4 stress.

I'd personally use some fish and food to do the trick and keep a
reasonable amount of WH in the waterfall. Too much WH will eat itself
out of house and home. That's why we removce and export the plants,
sort of like doing a water change, it also exports the fish waste.

Hope this helps
Regards,
Tom Barr