Old 28-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Roy

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:48:06 GMT, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

snip
===I bought some feeders from the LFS this year and it took them several weeks
===to come up for food. They also developed black fins after I had them for a
===couple of weeks, which I understand is recovery from Ammonia toxicity. I
===don't know if they got this from the LFS or the pond.
===
===
===

Are you saying the gold fish you see in stores with the black fins
have been subjected to high ammonia? If so thats a bummer.....I had
always assumed they were just colored that way naturally, matter of
fact that color combination is one of my favorites in goldfish. Nice
deep orange red body with black fins....unless were talking about
something totally different than what I am thinking.
Regards

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.