Old 03-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Ann

(Beecrofter) expounded:

Where I was headed with this was the labelling change that allowed the
use of the systemic imidacloprid marketed as "Merit" to be used to
control the hemlock woolly adelgid. It is applied under the trees drip
line and taken up into the plant tissue.
Be careful to follow all the label directions, this pesticide is very
hard on pollinators and beekeepers. It is especially hard on honeybees
when used as a turfgrass grub control becuase it ends up in the
dandylions and clovers visited by the bees.

I see. Well, rest assured, I don't do anything around here that might
harm honeybees or other pollinators! I still have that organpipe wasp
nest remnant on my front chimney to remind me of foolishly killing
before learning.....;-(

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA