Old 03-09-2004, 04:53 PM
K Barrett

This isn't gospel, but 'Kuo' received an HCC/78 in Taiwan in 1996

The only other award that's in my Wildcatt was owned by Norman's Orchids and
awarded here in teh States. Norman's was 'White Edge' 77/HCC also in 96.

Here's the award description for 'White edge': Eight flowers and four buds
evenly spaced on one branched, arched inflorescence; sepals and petals full,
deep pinkish purple, veined dark rose; petals strikingly margined white; lip
deep, matte orange-purple distally, shading to rose proximally andon side
lobes; columr rose, anther cap white.

And here's the description for 'Kuo': Forty-five flowers on two
inflorescences; flower form round and full, somewhat cupped; sepals and
petals deep rose with darker venation; lip maroon.

I have no idea if this helps you or not.

K Barrett

"Xi Wang" wrote in message
Hi group,

Several months ago, I bought a Dtps. King Shiang's Rose from a nursery,
and it was supposed to have been awarded a HCC. However, on the label,
there is no cultivar name. I asked the nursery, and they told me they
would try to trace it (they got it from Taiwan). I'm curious, can a
plant be awarded and not have a cultivar name? TIA

Cheers,
Xi