Old 03-09-2004, 07:42 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default Phal javanica

I recently added a Phal javanica into my Phalaenopsis species collection.
The article at this link:
http://www.bogor.indo.net.id/kri/phalaen.htm suggests that seed germination
has not been succesful, and attempts to propagate the species by both seeds
and vegetative parts are still being undertaken. I got curious and contacted
the seller of my new orchid in order to find out some back ground
information on this orchid. But have not heard back from the vendor.

Now, I've seen javanica's sold by orchid vendors (CNC and a few others).
Not a lot, but they are out there. So my question is, if the orchids have
not been germinated from seed, and that vegetative divisions are still being
explored... is it possible that I purchased an orchid that was actually
collected in Indonesia?

Mariana