Old 29-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Mark and Kim Smith

Default Whew! That was close!!

So I decided to top off my pond ( I do that occasionally. ) I knew
that, in the future, I would have to make provisions for rain and
runoff, etc. I figured I have time since it is summer and all ( still
very hot around here! So I turned on the supply. Then my attention
turned to my little boy. He likes getting into trouble at the most
opportune times. All I needed to do was add an inch which doesn't take
long in my 4000 gal pond. I could've sworn I shut off the fill pipe.
So there I am chasing him when I notice the lights turn off just about
the same time I recognize the sound of a GFI breaker tripping. Yikes!
Is that water still running?!? The pond overfilled, right into my pump
box!! There is my Sequence 750 under an inch of water with it pouring
over the outlet! ( I knew I should have plumbed a drain in the bottom
of my "dry" box!!) So I quickly siphoned the box dry ( about a 1/4" at
the bottom, the pump sits 3" above bottom ) and fired up the air
compressor. Blew as much water as I could out of the pump motor and the
outlet. Crossed my fingers and reset the GFI. All is well again!
Everything works!! Maybe I should stock an extra 750 just in case I do
burn this one up?? Guess I know what I will be doing next week! Yup,
fixin' up the overflow system!!