Old 29-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Mark and Kim Smith

Roy wrote:

snip

Electric motors usually fare out ok if they are allowed to dry before
powering them back up again. At the most I would check to make sure
no water got into the bearings etc if it has bearings. If its running
now, I would not worry about it.

snip

I'd say my crisis took all of one hour. I figured, after blowing the motor dry, if there was still water in there, the GFI would trip again. I have a feeling the pump went submerged and the water on the outlet is what tripped the GFI. No, the pump is not submersible, but maybe built for "wet" locations. No squealing bearings ( like on a Chrysler "K" car after steaming the motor ) so they must be of the sealed type. If I hear any squealing eventually, I'll have to find a way to lube them. Although, once they reach the point of squealing, you can usually count on them being shot!