Old 04-09-2004, 12:22 AM
kevin bailey

I agree with Jim but would add that things are not always cut and dried.
I have a forest of about 15 airlayered Japanese mountain maples. Another
layer, from the same genetic parent was added to the forest this spring.
It went into exactly the same soil mix, was fertilised the same, had the
same light, temperature and care. It grew leaves double the size of the
parent plant and four times the size of the others in the same forest
dish. Next year, I anticipate they will start to equal out. It may take
some time but I'm certain it will blend in eventually.

Yours may just need the correct conditions. Give us the details and
we'll do our best to help.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales