Old 04-09-2004, 12:44 AM
GrlIntrpted

By F1 you mean first generation hybrids?

Mariana

"Aaron Hicks" wrote in message
I suspect that web page refers to the attempts by one botanic
garden with regards to their seed propagation plan.

As a result of a trade with a very good customer of mine in the
past year, I received several seedlings from an outcross (I think) of
Phal. javanica that he had been produced in sterile culture. It was
propagated with some difficulty, but many F1 phal species don't do well in
flask from seed.

Most of the seedlings are still alive. They do quite well, plaqued
on bark with a bit of sphagnum 'round the roots.

This is very unusual for me, since I tend to kill orchids that
aren't in flask.

The e-mail address in the header isn't valid. Send no mail there.

Cheers,

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ