Old 04-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Question for Cereus

Despite your prickles, it is obvious that you are better versed in taxonomy and
plant nomenclature than anyone else in these parts. Can you steer me toward a
better resource for identifying my mystery juniper? If you recall, a batch of
these trees was donated to our bonsai club as J. sabina 'Broadmoor.' They match
all the references and pictures I found on the Web, except that Dirr says it is
a male clone and these have cones. Also, the Encyclopedia of Conifers shows a
yellowish green color, while most resources identify it as grayish or bluish,
which these are.
Thanks,
Iris
uncurable Jewish mother