Old 04-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Cereus-validus

Sorry but trees and their garden cultivars aren't my thing. I am more
interested in annuals, perennials and especially succulent plants.

It is nice to know that mislabeling is a universal problem.

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
Despite your prickles, it is obvious that you are better versed in

taxonomy and
plant nomenclature than anyone else in these parts. Can you steer me

toward a
better resource for identifying my mystery juniper? If you recall, a batch

of
these trees was donated to our bonsai club as J. sabina 'Broadmoor.' They

match
all the references and pictures I found on the Web, except that Dirr says

it is
a male clone and these have cones. Also, the Encyclopedia of Conifers

shows a
yellowish green color, while most resources identify it as grayish or

bluish,
which these are.
Thanks,
Iris