Old 05-09-2004, 12:30 AM
Doug.

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
om...
sammi wrote in message

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:46:50 +0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've

called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for

this
problem.

PLEASE think again! Without worms your lawn would become a solid
festering mess.

As somebody's already said, just brush out the casts; and be thankful
you've got them. Start tinkering with your soil organisms, and you'll
have nothing but trouble: the ecology of soil is what keeps us all
alive.

Mike.

******
Absolutely spot on, Mike!. Leave those worms strictly alone, Bill!.
I can quote two high-class lawns I grew. One a fifty-fifty mixture of
New-Zealand Brown Top and N.Z. Fescue, -- the other a sea-washed-turf
lawn.
I swept up half a bucket full of worms which was the total from the two
lawns. A week or two later the Sea-Washed turf was a brown slushy mess
and the N.Z-mix lawn failed just as badly.
Worms are you best friend, so use - as Mike says, a slow pressure hose
and a besom brush or other type of brush which you can go "swish swish"
from side to side.
This is standard practise on professional golf greens, but they make
ther own swishers out of thin-slit-cane bunches tied on the end of a
thick cane handle.
Doug.
******