Old 02-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Bill

Default Worms

Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for this problem.

Old 02-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Mike

"Bill" wrote in message
Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for this

problem.

Moles?

Old 02-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Des Higgins

"Bill" wrote in message
Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for this

problem.

A heavy mulch of concrete or paving slabs?

Sorry for being facetious; most people try to encourage them.

Old 02-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Oxymel of Squill

worms are wonderful chappies, move your lawn instead

Old 02-09-2004, 05:01 PM
shazzbat

"Bill" wrote in message
Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for this

problem.

We're gardeners.
We like worms.
Worms are our friends.

I suspect you want to get rid of worm casts on the lawn, the usual way is
brush them away before mowing, or if the lawn is huge, get a length of
hosepipe and snake it about to break up the casts before mowing.

Steve

Old 02-09-2004, 05:35 PM
GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY

"Bill" wrote in message
Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for this

problem.
Worms are *good* for your lawn. Why on earth would you want to get rid of
them????

Old 02-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Sacha

On 2/9/04 4:46 pm, in article , "Bill"
wrote:

Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for this problem.

You *really* don't want to do that. Maybe a little research on how good
worms are for a garden will interest you. Soil without worms is not a happy
idea.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 02-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Rod

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:46:50 +0000 (UTC), "Bill"
wrote:

Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for this problem.

Nothing available for amateurs and I wouldn't use of the ones I can
get as a pro. Much better just to brush off the casts and appreciate
the beneficial effects the worms are having. There are only a handful
of casting species and the problem is, the chemicals are all broad
spectrum materials that kill the non casting species and a whole lot
of other stuff as well.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:15 AM
David Hill

Bill asked ".......Is there any product I can use to move worms from my
lawn? I've called at two garden centres but cannot find anything on the
shelves for this problem ......."

Move........No
Kill....Yes

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 03-09-2004, 05:16 PM
sammi

wrote:

Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for this
problem.

PLEASE think again! Without worms your lawn would become a solid
festering mess.

Sammi

Old 04-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Mike Lyle

wrote:

Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for this
problem.

PLEASE think again! Without worms your lawn would become a solid
festering mess.

As somebody's already said, just brush out the casts; and be thankful
you've got them. Start tinkering with your soil organisms, and you'll
have nothing but trouble: the ecology of soil is what keeps us all
alive.

Mike.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:30 AM
Doug.

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
om...

wrote:

Is there any product I can use to move worms from my lawn? I've

called at
two garden centres but cannot find anything on the shelves for

this
problem.

PLEASE think again! Without worms your lawn would become a solid
festering mess.

As somebody's already said, just brush out the casts; and be thankful
you've got them. Start tinkering with your soil organisms, and you'll
have nothing but trouble: the ecology of soil is what keeps us all
alive.

Mike.

******
Absolutely spot on, Mike!. Leave those worms strictly alone, Bill!.
I can quote two high-class lawns I grew. One a fifty-fifty mixture of
New-Zealand Brown Top and N.Z. Fescue, -- the other a sea-washed-turf
lawn.
I swept up half a bucket full of worms which was the total from the two
lawns. A week or two later the Sea-Washed turf was a brown slushy mess
and the N.Z-mix lawn failed just as badly.
Worms are you best friend, so use - as Mike says, a slow pressure hose
and a besom brush or other type of brush which you can go "swish swish"
from side to side.
This is standard practise on professional golf greens, but they make
ther own swishers out of thin-slit-cane bunches tied on the end of a
thick cane handle.
Doug.
******

Old 05-09-2004, 05:37 PM
tenchman

How about getting an angler

Old 12-11-2004, 12:17 PM
bigboard

Martin wrote:

A Minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to
his
Sunday sermon. Four worms were placed into four separate jars.

The first worm was put into a jar of alcohol. The second worm was put
into a
jar of cigarette smoke. The third worm was put into a jar of sperm.
The
fourth worm was put into a jar of good, clean soil. At the conclusion
of the
sermon, the Minister reported the following results:

The first worm in alcohol - dead.

Second worm in cigarette smoke - dead.

Third worm in sperm - dead.

Fourth worm in good, clean soil - Alive So the Minister asked the
congregation - "What can you learn from this demonstration?

A little old woman in the back quickly raised her hand and said, "As
long as
you drink, smoke and have sex, you won't have worms."

I'll get my coat ...

Of course the important question from all this is, What on earth was a
minister doing with a jar of sperm?

--
If you sit down at a poker game and don't see a sucker, get up. You're
the sucker.

Old 13-11-2004, 05:37 PM
FF

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:47:30 +0100, Martin wrote:

[...]

LOL! That's the best one I've heard for ages!