Old 05-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Kathie

Raleighgirl Wrote:
I have a very troubling weed. It is flat to the ground with
round leaves and grows on thread-like stems. It spreads like
wild fire, even choking out (*&)*&() stilt grass! It seems to
eat weed and feed like fertilizer. HELP!
Thanks,
Raleighgirl

I believe that what you are talking about is ground ivy. Roundup is the
only effective cure, but, of course, is a contact herbicide and will
kill anything it touches. The "advantage", if there is one, of the way
ground ivy grows is that weed killer applied to one end of a long
tendril will be taken into the root system of the whole plant!

--
Kathie