Old 05-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Cereus-validus

Have you looked in the more exotic type stores such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot
or Lowes?

Its such a common plant in the horticultural trade, you really shouldn't be
having any trouble finding it.

Tradescantia zebrina used to be called Zebrina pendula.

"Raane" wrote in message
m...
Years ago I had a plant I loved. With a quick glance, it gave the
impression of a hanging spider plant, only because of the coloration
which was light green and white/cream stripes.

It's growth habit was more like a "wandering jew" (Tradescantia
zebrina) - hanging, and growing from the tips, rather than a central
point as a spider plant does. The leaves were long and thin, almost
ribbon-like, with gently rounded tips. The hanging stems often angled
somewhat at some of the leaf-nodes, making these nodes look a little
bit elbow-like. I remember that slips rooted easily in water.

Is this description ringing a bell? Can anyone tell me the name of
this plant or where I might purchase one - or have a slip to spare?
Any help in tracking it down would be appreciated!

Christine