Old 05-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Amber Ormerod

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Amber Ormerod
writes
I have some white flowered purple striped beans labled as dwarf french
(Tamila) but they seem to flat for french and when I opened them up they
just looked like they would grow to be broad beans. How do I tell the
difference and can I just pick non swelled pods and cook them as whole

pods?

Broad beans have fur inside the pods.

There are some very flat french beans.

To add to my confusion I was just in the spar and they had those sliced
frozen beans that I thought was french beans but they called green beans.
The roundish pods with small oval beans inside cut slanty. Maybe I don't
even know what a french bean is?
I am sure these had fur, guess the french beans died.