Old 07-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Rachel Nex

Default Sort ot OT - Riverford vegboxes

Any experiences ? A google search turns up info that they are of good
quality and good value. I'm wondering about quantities.

Don't have a big garden (understatement) so I can't grow spuds for
example cos I wouldn't have room to dig them (though I am considering
one of those spud barrel things), but I have got toms and peppers and
straws atm, which si about the most I can fit in without laying waste to
the lawn (and that would be unfair on my dogs so it's a non starter). So
it's no good you guys telling me to grow all my own, just in case you
were wondering. :-) Can't do an allotment either.

I eat lots of veg and so does the boyfriend - and I mean lots. I love
potatoes with a passion, for example. Riverfords small box says it
supports 2-3 people - but nowhere on the wbesite or leaflet can I find a
picture of the amounts that go into a typical small (or any other size) box.

Also - what time of day do they typically deliver and what happens if
you are out as it is COD (or cheque in advance) if anyone knows ?

Experiences to share ? I am in Kent, fwiw. TIA

Rachael