Old 02-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Claudia" wrote in message
news:IqlZc.140$H26.2@trnddc07...
WH have been in the waterfall, they were green and are now yellowing, not
dying, just "look" hungry. How does one "feed" pond plants. Figure the
ones in the pond (that are very happy) are getting enough nitrogen, but

that
the WH since they are in waterfall, after the filters are not getting
enough? or too many in a small space. I know newbie question. Yes I

have
goldfish.

Plants need a myriad of balanced nutrients in order to survive. If one or
more of these get out of whack, you can experience yellowing and general
mal-nutrition. In my experienced, yellowing WH was always cured by a nice
dose of Potash, 1 fat tablespoon per thousand gallons every week or so until
green. Check out, http://www.iheartmypond.com/Treatmen...sh/default.asp
for more on potash.

Your yellowing may also be due to other minerals lacking. A lack of iron, as
some rec.ponders have found, can also cause yellowing of WH. You can check
out some more on fertilizers here,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/Treatmen...rs/default.asp.

BV.