Old 07-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Jim Carlock

I'm seeing that can happen with cucumbers as well. They got
a heck of alot more water than they normally get yesterday.
They looked so droopy. That combined with the winds
beating them up, twisting and turning and cutting off the
supply of water to a couple leaves that wrapped themselves
up wrongly... ouch.

The soil was dry this morning and I gave them some water.
If the soil is dry I see improvements within the leaves within
5 to 15 minutes, they perk up and lose their droopiness.

I've killed a couple belle peppers and a bannana peppers by
letting the soil dry for out for longer than a day.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.

"fieldfarms" wrote:
I sell peppers hot and sweet at our local farmer's market here in
Michigan. The cause of your rotten ends of your peppers,(can happen
on tomatoes too)is inconsistent watering. This year we have had
abundant rain and I have not one pepper or tomato with this problem.
I know it sounds crazy, because it looks like it is from overwatering,
but it's not.