Old 08-09-2004, 03:57 AM
Chet Hayes

Dan Hartung wrote in message ...
Chet Hayes wrote:
While I agree that a healthy lawn with good turf is the best way to
keep weeds out, the truth is it's nearly impossible and certainly
impractical to get there from an existing poor turf that is full of
weeds without using chemicals.

I tend to feel that way myself, but I didn't make the HOA rules nor did
I decide to move there.

If he's limited to "natural" methods he will have to get better advice
than he can get here, most likely, such as from his extension agent or a
landscaper who works in the area. His neighbors may well have techniques
that work better or worse for them.

Failing that, institute weed control by teenager.

Teenagers don't pull weeds these days, they grow it.