Old 08-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Andrew G

"len gardener" wrote in message
g'day andrew,

SOME PARTS SNIPPED

yeh shidaiwa recomment 50:1 mix i ran it in on 25:1 and currently run
it on a mix 1/2 way between app' 37:1, but i like your idea of 25:1
regardless. the shind' uses noticably more fuel than the jonsered so
my thinking is that they ahven't realy put any research into
developing an engine that requires less oil they have just jetted up
the carby to run a richer mix in the crankcase.

Basically we go with 25:1 just in case someone puts straight fuel in by
accident.
Hopefully if there is some mixed 25:1 in the tank, then that added straight
fuel may not do any, or as much damage as if it were 50:1 in the tank.

so the 50:1 makes them look more earth friendly, the way i see it 2
strokes are on the way out so why would any manufacturer be it of
engines or oil waste research dollars on improving the polluting
factor of 2 strokes (silly realy when you look at all those jets and
diesel trucks one would wonder how much dirty air the few 2 strokes in
the world would create chuckle).

The thing I don't get is I heard some of the new four strokes still run 2
stroke mix (some whippers?). Ok, I've heard of some dirt bikes having the
same setup, where a feeder sends out oil stored in a separate tank to the
fuel.
Ok, it may get rid of the sound of a 2 stroke, but just as much air
pollution IMO.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before

you send.