Old 08-09-2004, 12:28 PM
Spider

Ray Warner wrote in message
Has anyone come across instructions for drying blueberries (and

cranberries
for the matter)

Also I want to get hold of a good field guide to funghi, with

illustrations
and detailed descriptions etc (no sense in killing myself with my first
gatherings). Any suggestions folks?

Ray Warner
Thomas Etty Esq - Heritage Seedsman
http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~nfarl...etty/etty.html

Hi Ray,

Before buying any field guide (or killing yourself with dubious fungi!), I
suggest you contact your local wildlife trust. Most arrange 'fungal forays'
during the autumn. If you went along to one of these events, you would be
able to observe an expert mycologist finding and describing fungi and their
hosts. You would also have the opportunity of discussing field guides with
a dedicated user.

Spider