Old 08-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Chookie

In article ,
"Jade" Jade_at_Jaywings_dot_com wrote:

Have I missed the boat for planting plants that flower in February? Long
stems would be appreciated. Also...
What flowers bloom in February? (I'm trying to talk my partner into a
February wedding... he's a bit of a marriage phobe, so it may not come to
pass)

With most annuals, the blooms come X weeks after planting, so I don't htink
you have missed the boat. What you can grow depends on where you live. For
perennials, think of roses, hibiscus, gardenia.

Two reasons not to get married in February:
1. It's too darn hot to enjoy it.
2. The bloke's not keen (and if he's already a Partner, what's being married
going to do for you?). Nagging him into it isn't a good start to wedded bliss.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet