Old 08-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Mike Lyle

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote in message . uk...
The message
from (Mike Lyle) contains these words:

Ones that have fruited should certainly do so again the following
year; and, as Rusty says, you can cut them right down to a node and
they'll shoot up happily, especially if you repot them into fresh
mixture. But I haven't had such good crops the second year as the
first, so if you want a lot it's best to sow fresh every year
(February for me).

My jalapinos have cropped better in the second year, strangely, and I am
going to have to dry a lot of them.[...]

Interesting: must be a variety thing, or you're a better gardener than
I am. I freeze them, being too lazy to look after drying things.

Mike.