Old 08-09-2004, 07:44 PM
len gardener

g'day andrew,

just a bit more on the more oil mix, my neighbour is a tree lopper
uses sthil saws, he tunes them a little on the rich side and runs more
than the 25:1 recommendation her runs about 20:1 this gives him longer
engine life. i reckon it doesn't matter if they puff a bit of bluey
coloured smoke while idling (idling not the best part of a 2 strokes
life) so long as the smoke all but dissapears when using working revs
which for b/cutters is about max.

yes i have heard of the 4 strokes with oil in the mix or oil blender,
sthil have one in their brushcutter very expensive, and yes to me it
just doesn't make sense as it is the oil mixing in the fuel that is
the polluting aspect, so can't see any benefit in the technology at
all. be like adding 2 stroke oil to our cars hey?

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.