Old 08-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Phil L" contains these words:

Drying them is easy, just pull them and put them in a paper bag in a cool
dry place - that's it.
You can then crush them into chilli pepper or use them whole, although they
do need a bit more time to cook and soak up the moisture, also they lose a
bit of flavour.
I've pickled them in the past but found that they had no chilli pepper
attributes after a few months in vinegar - you could eat them like sweets!

I just leave them on a teatowel in the sun, or in a warm dry place. My
local butcher has just given me half a box of squidgy tomatoes. These
are simmering in a big pan ATM, and will be sieved tonight.

Some of the result will be amagamated with chillies and mushrooms before
bottling. (Note! Not the Agaricus semotus I mentioned in another post,
as some people find them poisonous.)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/