Old 03-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Jim Lewis

On 3 Sep 2004 at 20:01, John Kingscott wrote:

My little acer always seems to die off. I was sure it wasn't but I think its
basically down to watering and my lack of it. But now that its grown back
the leaf size has increased - is this down to my care or something else?

We could answer this better if we knew something about the tree
and the care you have been giving it.

Where do you keep it? Inside? Outside? In and Out?
What soil is it in?
How often do you water? How do you water?
How much light does it have?
How often do you fertilize?
How long have you had this tree?
Which Acer is it?
Is it your _only_ tree?

My guess will be that it is your care -- somehow. Large leaves
indicate (at least partially) a struggle to survive.

Note that large leaves don't really matter until you want to
display your tree.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++