Old 09-09-2004, 10:42 AM
newsb

In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes

My jalapinos have cropped better in the second year, strangely, and I am
going to have to dry a lot of them. Just about to have my head blown off

I've grown Hungarian Hot Wax this year - my first chillies. The plants
under glass have lots of large well formed chillies - and even those
outside have now got some fruit starting to get to a reasonable size.

However, the fruit is very un-chillie like - just a vague spicy hint
when you bite them. Are these likely to gain any intensity if left on
the plants? They are all a bright but pale green. Does anyone know if
this variety will colour up or stay green? A few of them have a sort of
browny colour coming near both ends - but nothing major. I'm guessing
that this is more likely an early sign of decay (That said, they have
got no worse over the last couple of weeks).

Any pointers gratefully received - even if its only to say don't grow
Hung Hot Wax in the UK if you want fire.

--
regards andyw