Old 09-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Janet
Baraclough.. writes

I bought an ex-hire Sheen gun for 10 or 15 pounds 20 years ago, and
it's still going strong.I wouldn't be without it..it's what I use to
repel/control weeds on the drive, paths, under hedges, and a swift pass
will kill every newly germinated weed on a seed bed.

Janet

I've got a sheen also and I find it invaluable, as you say, it's diesel
for paths etc and the idea is to go over the tops of weeds first to dry
and scorch them then when they are dead, go over them again to destroy
the seeds.
I find it really good on stuff such as dandelions etc to stop the seeds
blowing around the garden and it's also good for scorching and killing
moss.

It's also a lot safer than chemicals but it is fiddly to fill and prime.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph