Old 04-09-2004, 10:06 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Roy, I think you're making this hobby a whole lot more work than it needed
to be. Carol covered the plants (below) and the ones she didn't know
neither did I.

My 2 cents are in regards to the lilies. If you only get a skim of ice,
leave them where they are. Zone 7 here, and my lily crowns use to be only
8" from the surface. Never lost any, and my ice was more than a skim.

What I was told, and has held true, is when a plant is listed hardy for
your zone, as long as the crown/roots don't freeze, they'll survive. IME
since, some plants can even handle being frozen solid. ~ jan

"Roy"

Plants in question are arrowhead, hornwart, duck week

**Carol wrote:**
** These are HARDY even in zone 6 where I live. They don't need
protection.

& fairy moss, sensitive fern (Touch me Plant),

** I don't know about these two.

parrots feather, miniature cat tails,

** Both of these are hardy.

aponogene (sp?), ribbon grass (strawberries and creame)

** Apong's are not hardy - ribbon grass?

Pickerel reed,

** This is hardy and will live over easily.

Thalia, and Bog bean.

** Not sure about these - why not Google them and see for yourself what the
experts recommend.

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~