Old 09-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Sacha

On 9/9/04 19:16, in article , "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

You appear to be someone who likes to argue for the sake of arguing,
and I'm really not interested in that nonsense.

Far from it but I am not going let someone make stupid and unfounded remarks
such as you have done without them being challenged. Your suggesteed course
of action is typical of the paranoia over what is a minor incident tht
nobody with any common sense would dream of litigating. My original reply
was a suggestion of a commonsense solution. You on the other hand think it
is approriate to run to lawyers at the slightest excuse.

Your first reply was a flat statement of fact for which you hold no apparent
qualifications. You wrote:

"The stamp manufacturer or supplier have no liability to him. The flower
show organisers may do but it will be very small. At most he is entitled to
value of his second-hand shirt which unless it is something quite
exceptional will be no more than £10 and probably much less. He is not
entitled to a new replacement."

You are irresponsible. You do NOT know this because you do not know the full
circumstances. If you do, tell us how you know it.
Your knowledge of the law in these matters is self-taught, self-limited and
totally unreliable, or so it would seem. It is not definitive of the many
parameters that can surround a legal issue nor is it reliable and is
therefore, dangerous to anyone looking for help in the wrong place, such as
this group.

You are *precisely* what the OP should avoid and without knowing you or
having read any of your posts that I am aware of, are one of those types I
had in mind when I posted my first response in this thread.

I have suggested seeking advice only. If you are unaware of that because
you do not read carefully, then you are not a good person from whom to seek
advice. If there is any commonsense in your answer above, I am unable to
see it because you are talking from a position of ignorance.

If you are not, post your legal qualifications and the name of the legal
firm for whom you work and of course, your area of legal expertise. If it
is, for example, conveyancing, you might not be the best person to help.
Assuming you're a lawyer, of course.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk